The Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus
How You Can Help
Here are a few things that you can do to help save the Pacific Northwest tree octopus:
- Write your representatives to let them know that you are concerned and that you feel the tree octopus should be included on the Endangered Species List and given special protection.
- Write to celebrities asking them to speak out on behalf of the tree octopus during press junkets and award shows.
- Help build awareness of the tree octopus by telling your friends, co-workers, or even random people on the streets.
- Place a tentacle ribbon on your website or social media.
- Participate in tree octopus awareness marches. You can demonstrate their plight during the march by having your friends dress up as tree octopuses while you attack them in a lumberjack costume.
- Pamphlet your neighborhood. Tentacle ribbons make excellent doorknob hangers.
- Join and donate to an organization committed to conservation, such as Greenpeas.
- Boycott companies that use non-tree-octopus-safe wood harvesting practices.
- Sign an online petition! Nothing activates activity like an Internet petition.
- Don't like activism because it involves looking up from your phone? Become a tweetivist:
- 2010-05-01: Baltimore Kinetic Sculpture Race includes tree-octopus-awareness vehicle.
- 2009-04-01: Demonstration by students from Montrose Elementary in Bexley, Ohio.
Provide food and shelter for tree octopuses with our Tree Octopus Activities...